2101 E. River Road | Tucson, AZ 85718
Phone: 520-209-7551 | Fax: 520-209-7575
Office Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm
2020 - 2021 FLL Challenge
It’s full speed ahead for the 2021-22 FIRST FORWARD Season!
This year FIRST LEGO LEAGUE (FLL) teams worldwide are going to discover global interconnections in the transport of goods, services and ideas. Teams will design, build and program robots to accomplish simulated real world cargo tasks, propose innovative solutions to transport challenges and reimagine the future of transportation.
Students in Grades 4 through 8 (ages 9-15) are eligible to participate in FLL. Students who are interested in being on an FLL team must attend a 2-session FLL PREVIEW CLASS. The Preview Class allows students to try the teamwork, engineering, programming and research tasks involved in preparing for the regional robotics competition in late November or early December and state competition for selected teams in January.
Teams for the full competition season are organized from the FLL PREVIEW CLASS participants. Team membership requires enthusiasm, focus and persistence in problem-solving, willingness to learn and work with others on team goals, and commitment. Teams will meet weekly throughout the season. Optional extra sessions may be offered.
The FLL Robotics teams will be led by CFSD STEM Integration Specialists Charlotte Ackerman (SD), Kelly Taylor (MZ) and Lynn Pence (CV and VV), in partnership with teachers, high school mentors, parents and community members.
The days and times for the PREVIEW CLASSES:
· Sunrise Drive – Tuesday, August 17 and 24 at 3:00-5:30
· Canyon View and Ventana Vista – Tuesday at Canyon View August 17 and 24 at 3:00-5:30.
· Manzanita – Thursday, August 19 and 26 at 3:00-5:30
· Esperero and Orange Grove Friday at Sunrise Drive School, August 20 and 27 at 3:00-5:30
· ECMS and OGMS students can arrange to ride a school bus to Sunrise Drive School by requesting a bus pass when registering.
· Fee for the 2-day preview is $30
The full Cargo Connect FLL season team meetings for each school will begin the week of August 30, 2021 and continue on the same days through the second week in December.