2101 E. River Road | Tucson, AZ 85718
Phone: 520-209-7551 | Fax: 520-209-7575
Office Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Dear Parents and Families,
Welcome to C.A.R.E. 2020-2021!
For your child's well-being this year please remember the following each day:
* Send your child wearing a mask
* Apply sunscreen before coming to C.A.R.E.
* Bring a fresh, refillable water bottle labeled with your child's name
* Send a snack and a lunch
Given the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to assure you that we will continue to monitor the situation closely. Based on information we have at this time, we are excited to open C.A.R.E. to support the child care needs of our families. If the situation should change, we will notify you immediately. Effective immediately and for the foreseeable future, we will be taking extra precautions to ward off COVID-19. We are taking these extra steps to support the health and safety of your children.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
* Families will be greeted at the curb where a staff member will greet the child(ren) from If dropping off after a staff person has gone inside, please call the site number posted on the gate. For pick up, please call the number on the gate and your child will be brought out to you at the gate for sign out.
* Parents and other adults will not be allowed inside the child care program.
* Children and staff will be required to wash their hands immediately upon entering the building and throughout the day.
* Children's temperatures will be taken upon arrival and before they are signed in.
* We will separate children in small groups.
* We will clean equipment between uses.
* All groups will remain separated to reduce the number of children in one area and to reduce the possibility of viral transmission.
* ProCleaners and staff will disinfect high-touch surfaces, such as door handles, light switches, faucets, toys and games that children play with at least daily.
* We will perform an enhanced deep cleaning every night in all areas, on all touched surfaces.
* Staff will be wearing masks throughout the day and will have access to disposable gloves to use as needed.
* Staff and children (with supervision) will have access to hand sanitizer.
* All surfaces will be disinfected before and after snack time and lunch using EPA-approved products.
* All staff and children will wash hands before and after eating.
* Each child's lunch and snack will be sent from home and kept in their backpack. Lunches can be kept cool with a freezer pack brought from home. Lunches will NOT be put in the refrigerator.
* Staff will receive education on COVID-19 symptoms as well as preventive measures.
* Children who start to experience symptoms of respiratory illness, including a fever of >100.4 while at C.A.R.E. will be isolated from other children until they are promptly picked up.
Staff Health & Wellness
* Staff will be expected to monitor their own signs and symptoms.
* Staff will wash their hands immediately upon entering the program and immediately prior to leaving.
* Staff will not be allowed to work if they are feeling ill or are experiencing respiratory symptoms.
* If the current situation changes and it becomes necessary to update our procedures or close our program temporarily, we will notify families through email.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we implement these procedures. Our goal is to minimize disruption while at the same time keeping your child, your family and our staff healthy and well.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the C.A.R.E. office, (520) 209-7550.